[Xorg-driver-geode] xorg-driver-geode

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Sat Jan 3 05:32:29 PST 2009

Responding to accumulated mail from December:

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Petteri Matilainen <pmatil at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm referring to this:
> http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-driver-geode/2008-June/000337.html. Is
> there a chance that a backport will be available shortly because the driver
> still isn't in stable and I don't like to upgrade to testing for the driver
> only. Thank you in advance.

Petteri's above request for an Etch backport is the only one I
received since June and, considering that Lenny will be published as
soon as the last few pending debian-installer issues are resolved, I
concluded that producing such a backport would be more trouble than
it's worth.

However, I've received several requests for updated Ubuntu packages
and have thus requested a backport of 2.11.0-1 from Jaunty into
Hardy-backports.  Meanwhile, cherry-picked fixes have already been
pushed into Hardy-updates as 2.9.0-1ubuntu2.5 a few days ago.

Martin-Éric