[Xorg-driver-geode] problems with 1360x768

Mart Raudsepp mart.raudsepp at artecdesign.ee
Fri Feb 13 04:40:09 PST 2009

Ühel kenal päeval, R, 2009-02-13 kell 13:33, kirjutas Christian Goebel:
> On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 13:50 +0200, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
> > It's reading out from EDID blocks DDC information:
> >
> > (II) GEODE(0): Modeline "1360x768"x0.0   85.50  1360 1424 1536 1792  768
> > 771 777 795 +hsync +vsync (47.7 kHz)
> >
> > If that doesn't work, it looks like the DDC is lying badly to you and
> > you might need to quirk it manually in xorg.conf with a more suitable
> > modeline. It's also lying about a 1920x1080 resolution being in
> > existence (if the monitor can't really do it), which is why it starts up
> > in that resolution, as iirc it picks the largest available to start
> > with. Who knows what else it's lying about.
> >
> > The specs for the monitor seem to be 1366x768 instead of 1360x768 too?
> > If that's the case, perhaps it tries to scale it up just about 6 pixels
> > higher and ends up distorted?
> >
> > I'm not sure if issues like this can be handled in a better way than
> > just every user of such a monitor having to configure the correct
> > modelines themselves, if that indeed is the problem. The generic xorg
> > mailing list might have better ideas on that if you find that is a
> > problem and a different setting works better.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Mart Raudsepp
>
> Hi Mart,
> I think DDC is correct because the screen works correctly with Xorg on
> my notebook ( chipset  Intel 915GM ) @1360x768 and @ 1920x1080. The OSD
> shows the correct settings.
>
> With the Geode device the OSD doesn't recognize the resolution nor the
> frequencies. So it seems to be an implementation problem of the geode
> driver or what do you think ?

In that case it might be useful to compare the Xorg logs between the
geode device and the notebook, to see what each of them gets as the EDID
block and the modelines. Maybe we should move this to a new bug report
on bugzilla under geode component with the logs attached there?

Regards,
Mart Raudsepp