[Xorg-driver-geode] problems with 1360x768

Mart Raudsepp mart.raudsepp at artecdesign.ee
Fri Feb 13 03:50:11 PST 2009

Ühel kenal päeval, R, 2009-02-13 kell 10:04, kirjutas Christian Goebel:

> Hi Mart,
>
> we have started now the system with a Xubuntu live and have switched
> the
>
> resolution with the xrandr command to 1360x768.
>
> I have attached the xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log from the test. As you can
> see on
>
> the "screenshot" ( http://sigma.cte.lu/~goebelch/PICT0062.JPG ) the
> display is working but is distorted.
>
> X11 thinks the resolution is 1360x768 but the screen displays
> 1360x'+/-600'...

It's reading out from EDID blocks DDC information:

(II) GEODE(0): Modeline "1360x768"x0.0   85.50  1360 1424 1536 1792  768
771 777 795 +hsync +vsync (47.7 kHz)

If that doesn't work, it looks like the DDC is lying badly to you and
you might need to quirk it manually in xorg.conf with a more suitable
modeline. It's also lying about a 1920x1080 resolution being in
existence (if the monitor can't really do it), which is why it starts up
in that resolution, as iirc it picks the largest available to start
with. Who knows what else it's lying about.

The specs for the monitor seem to be 1366x768 instead of 1360x768 too?
If that's the case, perhaps it tries to scale it up just about 6 pixels
higher and ends up distorted?

I'm not sure if issues like this can be handled in a better way than
just every user of such a monitor having to configure the correct
modelines themselves, if that indeed is the problem. The generic xorg
mailing list might have better ideas on that if you find that is a
problem and a different setting works better.

Regards,
Mart Raudsepp