No subject

Mon Aug 31 08:12:44 PDT 2009

video signal at the resolution determined by the panel pixel matrix
designed at manufacture. Some screen panels will ignore colour LSB
bits to present a consistent interface (8bit->6bit/colour)." - so I
need the right settings or it wont work, plain and simple

I need custom panel timings: PixelClock, HorzActive, HorzSync etc..

You should provide this as EDID doesn't seem supported by the Panel.
Developer notes for Intel's drivers Windows CE say this:

"There is also an option to detect the displays before the actual
initialization of the display ports to happen. However, this
option must be used carefully, displays without EDID tend NOT
to be detected."

Intel in their windows XP/CE video drivers allow vendors provide all
the settings in a way professionals can look up. With AMD they are
compiled into a binary file. Now the AMD developers on the list: Who's
stupid idea was it to hide this information so some guy in Japan can
stop me from using my notebook in Linux? Was he the same guy that put
the feature request in?

(see my earlier post @
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-driver-geode/2009-May/000515.html )

	Settings that intel use for custom LCD panels in CE:

        ;[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display\Intel\Config\1\Port\4\DTD\1]
       ;  "PixelClock"=3Ddword:9c40

	;  "HorzActive"=3Ddword:320

	;  "HorzSync"=3Ddword:28

	;  "HorzSyncPulse"=3Ddword:80

	;  "HorzBorder"=3Ddword:0

	;  "HorzBlank"=3Ddword:100

	;  "HorzSize"=3Ddword:0

	;  "VertActive"=3Ddword:280

	;  "VertSync"=3Ddword:1

	;  "VertSyncPulse"=3Ddword:4

	;  "VertBorder"=3Ddword:0

	;  "VertBlank"=3Ddword:1c

	;  "VertSize"=3Ddword:0

	;  "Flags"=3Ddword:1e

So pretend you are supporting Windows CE, not Linux and give me the
settings please or tell me where I can go to find them.

2) Name the LCD Model / manufacturer. I'll talk to them and they'll
give me the settings

3) Do you use a Auxiliary Display controller (DCON) like the XO from
laptop.org? Is that why my query concerns sensitive or secret
information?
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/DCON) I see the windows XP driver lets me
downscale from 1024x768 to 1024x600 automatically whist having full
resolution come out the VGA port. From what it seems you don't, if you
do this could complicate thing, and I'd require more specific
implementation on your settings. This is because I've seen the windows
driver do 1024x768 on the output (VGA) and the same image scaled to
1024x600 on the panel simultaneously. Mailing list boys: Can the AMD
stock standard windows drivers do that? I think they can. The Linux
driver doesn't detect a DCON.

Cheers,

Luke

=EB=B3=B4=EB=82=B8=EB=82=A0=EC=A7=9C 2009=EB=85=84 8=EC=9B=94 26=EC=9D=BC (=
=EC=88=98) 09:25 (=ED=95=9C=EA=B5=AD=EC=8B=9C=EA=B0=84)
=EB=B3=B4=EB=82=B8=EC=9D=B4 "kurosawa" <tkurosawa at kjs-j.com> =EC=A3=BC=EC=
=86=8C=EC=B6=94=EA=B0=80
=EB=B0=9B=EB=8A=94=EC=9D=B4 <hojuruku at paran.com> =EC=A3=BC=EC=86=8C=EC=B6=
=94=EA=B0=80
=EC=B0=B8=EC=A1=B0 "'Kohjinsha Service'" <service at kohjinsha.com.sg> =EC=A3=
=BC=EC=86=8C=EC=B6=94=EA=B0=80

Dear Luke,

Thank you for your inquiry on Kohjinsha products.

This is Kurosawa at Kohjinsha HQ in Japan.

We are not allowed to provide you such detail data or confidential kind.

We do not respond to the questions not concerning to our standard
product, to such questions on Linux.

Best regards,

T.Kurosawa

Kohjinsha

---

I see there are other notebook vendors out there that use 1024x600
panels, in fact I think the updated driver I use in windows came from
a similar notebook. The specs on the panel should not be such a trade
secret. Surely there is someone who knows someone who knows the
settings and who has come across them this hardware before.

I'll update to the latest driver shortly. Any tips for debugging EDID outpu=
t?