[Xorg-driver-geode] xorg-1.6.0 crashes with geode driver 2.11.1

Mart Raudsepp mart.raudsepp at artecdesign.ee
Mon Apr 20 07:56:06 PDT 2009

Ühel kenal päeval, K, 2009-04-15 kell 10:56, kirjutas Sid Kapoor:
> Hi,
>
> Any hints ?

For starters I suggest fixing things so that various modules are
actually found. You don't seem to have any Xorg modules in the path you
are claiming them to be in - lots of module not found warnings.
Then we can maybe get a better log if it still fails.
If the modules would be found, perhaps we'd see a backtrace on a crash
to see what's up.

I suggest trying with a more minimal xorg.conf
Don't have any ModulePath setting in it at all, for example. The default
should be the right place you got the modules installed to.
You probably don't need the Files section at all. Nor the Module
section.

Is your display behind the TFT or VGA output of the Geode chipset? The
name of the entry suggests TFT, so I guess a modeline could be necessary
if some BIOS provided VGA ROM doesn't contain and provide that
information. Hopefully the modeline you have there is correct.

Does your device have the UART/DDC mux in DDC mode? UART (serial port)
mode on that mux is known to cause a crash with latest driver (since
RANDR 1.2 support addition), because it currently does a DDC call
regardless of it being in UART mode. Not sure if that is the case in
TFT/LVDS setups too or not.

With Regards,
Mart Raudsepp