[Xorg-driver-geode] RandR code merged into main tree

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Tue Sep 16 09:36:37 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> wrote:
> On 16/09/08 17:38 +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

>> > That sounds like alpha cursor problems to me.  can you try the attached
>> > patch and see if it makes a difference?  If so, then I'll clean it up
>> > and add it to the driver.
>>
>> On both Debian/Lenny and Ubuntu/Intrepid, it apparently offsets the
>> perceived location of the mouse pointer (glyph location versus pointer
>> physical location) by one vertical GNOME menu row and it makes the X
>> server crash at random after just a few minutes. However, the garbage
>> around the pointer is indeed gone in both cases.
>
> Okay - good to know.  Crash logs would be great if you get a chance.
>
> I'll look at this next week.  Needless to say, the release will be delayed
> by about a week or so, unless you want to release what we have now for
> Hardy and hope to roll it quickly enough for Intrepid.

Hardy only accepts critical bugfixes and/or support for new hardware.
Final OLPC support and DDC fixes for CS5535 barely qualified.

Intrepid is already in feature freeze and my best guess is that
support for Randr 1.2 won't be given much priority.  Ditto for Lenny.

In other words, RandR 1.2 can wait until we get it right.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi