[Xorg-driver-geode] RandR code merged into main tree

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Thu Sep 11 13:17:50 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 2:36 AM, Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> wrote:
> We are only 5 days away from the expected release date, and since
> I haven't heard any problems with the RandR 1.2 changes, I have
> merged them into the main tree.  The code is confirmed working for
> X 1.5 vanilla, Hardy and Lenny.  I don't have any other operating
> systems handy. Please test.

On Ubuntu/Hardy (X 1.4.1):

Impeccable operation using 8.04.1 on LTSP, in which an updated GEODE
is installed, followed by rebuilding the LTSP squashfs image. fbcon
without fb. Stock kernel.

On Debian/Lenny (X 1.4.2):

Switching back and forth between a vcons and X produces a situation
where the default X-shaped mouse pointer glyph remains in the middle
of the screen, while the real pointer configured by GTK2 preferences
moves with the mouse. fbcon with lxfb. Custom kernel based on stock
Debian kernel, but with support for non-Geode peripherals removed.

On Ubuntu/Hardy (X 1.5):

Square box around the mouse pointer glyph when X initially launches.
fbcon wihout fb. Stock kernel.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi