[Xorg-driver-geode] Get cim_gp_ptr and the like in another program

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Oct 7 12:46:30 PDT 2008

On 04/10/08 16:37 +0200, Dirk De Becker wrote:

Hi -

(your email came across as a html mail - not sure if that was
your intent or not).

> Actually, what I mean is that I want to be able to access them from
> another (custom) kernel (non-X) module.
> I am trying to make a register dump for the geode's graphical registers.

You can't mix and match like that - X remaps the phsyical memory into
its own memory space - that particular address has no value expect
for the X process.

But that doesn't mean you can't access the memory region on your own -
the easiest way to do that from user space is to figure out the address
to map from the resource files in  /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000\:00\:01.1/
- resource0 is the FB (no registers there), resource1 is the GP,
resource2 is the DC and resource3 is the VP.  Then you can map that
area yourself from /dev/mem and read the registers directly.

Jordan