[Xorg-driver-geode] ztv questions!

Aschwin Gopalan gopalan at rohmann.de
Fri Nov 21 07:53:13 PST 2008

Dear List!
I am trying to get a bt878 based framgegrabber running together with
a lx800 under X. In a former version of this system, we were using dga
to map the video overlay from the v4l device to X. Since the lx does not
support dga overlays anymore,
I tried to use Xvideo extension. The BSP coming with my board has the
2.7.7.7  version of the amd driver (now geode).
First, I used the standard v4l X Module. I tried with my own software
and Xawtv, both using XvPutVideo, but both got someting, but no picture.
(Xawtv a green window, my software a purple window). Now I read that
instead of using v4l i should use z4l (which I take is renamed to ztv)
and make a symlink from my bttv v4l device /dev/video0 (which works
perfectly as I can see from another application grabbing pictures and
showing them using shared memory stuff.) to /dev/videox. But I do not
get a v4l device then.

Any hints, what I do wrong? Is this supposed to work? I thought so from
reading about support for Xv overlays...

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I really searched the web,
there is almost no information about how to use these things anywhere
else.

Greetings
Aschwin