[Xorg-driver-geode] FreeBSD 7.0, "X", and ALIX3c3 with Geode Chipset...

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Mon May 19 11:35:09 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Arrigo Marchiori <ardovm at yahoo.it> wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 08:23:37AM -0400, Fred Schnittke wrote:
>> I've setup FreeBSD 7.0 Release on a PC Engines ALIX3c3 board with the
>> Geode chipset but I can't seem to get "X" to start
> [...]
>> I've tried installing the following two drivers:
>>
>>    xserver-xorg-video-geode_2.9.0.orig.tar.gz
>>
>> They will ./configure just fine, but I get all kinds of errors when I run
>> "make".
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated
>
> I had it working on FreeBSD 6.3. You need to hand-patch the code of
> the geode driver. Look here:
> http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-driver-geode/2008-April/000304.html

Thanks for bringing this back to our attention.

First of all, those two defines really need to be #ifdef against some
BSD-specific -D variable. There's probably an even simpler way by
parsing for some generic BSD identifier, similar to the #define _GNU_
that some free software has. IIRC, the BSDuniverse has a similar
generic identifier that can enable missing prototypes.

Second, skipping the ztv driver is not really the right approach.
Instead, we'd need to see the error log so that we can track what
could be missing in BSD.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi