[Xorg-driver-geode] Latest git snapshot works as previously under FreeBSD

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue May 13 07:28:51 PDT 2008

On 13/05/08 13:11 +0200, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:
> On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 02:07:31AM +0300, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > > The patched version didn't compile for me. I tried downloading the
> > > latest snapshot from the git repository and I found the very same
> > > errors. They are:
> [...]
> > I believe you are missing the util-macros package that provides these
> > variables from a call to a m4 function that it provides named
> > XORG_RELEASE_VERSION and called in xf86-video-geode configure.in nicely.
> >
> > util-macros is needed in the modular world for building many X related
> > packages - they provide the aclocal macros that many of them use, such as
> > XORG_RELEASE_VERSION in this instance.
>
> Thank you! I found the package -- for those who may care, it's the
> port devel/xorg-macros.
>
> After the usual hand-patching of the source, it compiled and ran with
> apparently no problems. I could see the lines "I2C bus initialized",
> but I don't know if anything interesting actually happened.
>
> I'm attaching the Xorg log file, if anyone may be interested. Please
> note that this log snapshot was taken _before_ closing the X server,
> so you will not see closing messages there.

(II) GEODE(0): I2C bus "CS5536 DDC BUS" initialized.
(II) GEODE(0): I2C device "CS5536 DDC BUS:ddc2" registered at address 0xA0.
(II) GEODE(0): I2C device "CS5536 DDC BUS:ddc2" removed.

That shows that the DDC code ran - but you didn't actually get any EDID
information from your monitor, either because your monitor doesn't support
it, or the BSD implementation of libddc is flawed in some way.

Your log shows that you are setting up a panel, so the third possiblity is
that you have a TFT panel, which doesn't use EDID,.

Jordan