[Xorg-driver-geode] Latest git snapshot doesn't compile under FreeBSD

Mart Raudsepp mart.raudsepp at artecdesign.ee
Thu May 8 16:07:31 PDT 2008

Hello,

> The patched version didn't compile for me. I tried downloading the
> latest snapshot from the git repository and I found the very same
> errors. They are:
>
> 1- I ran autogen.sh. It launched the configure script, that gave the
> following error messages:
>
>> ./configure: line 21319: XORG_MANPAGE_SECTIONS: command not found
>> ./configure: line 21320: XORG_RELEASE_VERSION: command not found
>
> 2- The makefile, however, was built. So I ran make, that stopped on file
> geode_driver.c because of two undefined symbols:
> PACKAGE_VERSION_MAJOR, PACKAGE_VERSION_MINOR and
> PACKAGE_VERSION_PATCHLEVEL.

I believe you are missing the util-macros package that provides these
variables from a call to a m4 function that it provides named
XORG_RELEASE_VERSION and called in xf86-video-geode configure.in nicely.

util-macros is needed in the modular world for building many X related
packages - they provide the aclocal macros that many of them use, such as
XORG_RELEASE_VERSION in this instance.

Regards,
Mart Raudsepp