[Xorg-driver-geode] Driver rename (stage 1)

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Fri Mar 14 13:31:14 PDT 2008

Stage 1 of the driver rename is in the books - commitish c42454a5
in the xf86-video-amd tree has renamed code and collateral, as well
as a massive whitespace cleanup (man, I was messy, wasn't I)?

Assuming the tinderbox doesn't catch on fire and there are no problems,
then the git tree will be renamed to xf86-video-geode on Monday afternoon.

The driver will respond to both the "amd" and the "geode" name assuming
the proper symlink from to geode_drv.so from amd_drv.so is available, this
to better facilitate the transition.

Warren and I just made the command decision to not install the symlink
in the driver as part of 'make install' - rather it will be the
choice of the upstream distribution if they want to make the amd_drv.so
symlink available.  Custom folks will have to decide for themselves,
but the sooner we forget the "amd" name, the better.

Please try it out and report issues, and thank you for suffering through
this temporary period of pain.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse