[Xorg-driver-geode] Change of Plans

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Wed Mar 12 09:06:09 PDT 2008

We have not been very diligent lately, and we're missing out on some
key deadlines for various distributions and other releases.

So, a change of plans to our previously discussed release schedule:

2.7.7.7 will be released by Friday to hit Ubuntu's deadline.  This
will include everything in the tree, plus critical bug fixes.  This
will be the last xf86-video-amd release.

The rename will happen after the 2.7.7.7 release, probably on Friday
afternoon.

The first xf86-video-geode release will be version 2.8, released
no later then March 28th, but hopefully sooner.

Following that we will be going onto a regular release schedule, timed
mainly with the X core release schedule, but also try to coincide
with the major distribution releases.

The wiki page will have our development roadmap posted on it when we get
it finalized - as always, feature requests are always welcome.

Thank you,
Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse