[Xorg-driver-geode] libpciaccess patch - please test!

Néstor Amigo Cairo nestorac at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 04:40:58 PDT 2008

I have tested it further with the Modeline, Jordan. And I have applied
the patch to X.org AMD driver. But still does not work for me using
TFT panel. It complains about an incorrect horiz sync. BTW, how does
VESA manage so well in all situations?? Is this a stupid question for
some reason?? I have also posted a message to the kernel folks, of
course.
I wonder how I could know the correct Modeline (maybe in the Manual,
some idea??), or making X.org recognize the panel someway, or
something else. X.org 2D support is further more important for me than
Framebuffer, since I can manage this with vesa, but not X.org, because
I need proper 2D acceleration for some multimedia tasks that eat too
much processor otherwise. And TFT panel support, of course, is a must.
It would be fine if I could put up working X.org AMD driver with
TFT/panel, I have tested it with a CRT, and it worked perfectly with
the patch (I have not tested it before with CRT)!!
It wouldn't make any big difference if I had to add some Modeline or
similar thing, just if I was able to guess it. But I can guess the
patch is still Ok, even if not enough to put it working.

I have tested GeodeLX driver two minutes ago, and it doesn't work with
panel, even with vga=normal  mode... :-S And yes, you are right: it's
a GeodeLX, not GX, despite of the BIOS, which still thinks it's a GX.
I got confused by that, but I have investigated it further and BIOS is
mistaken, so was me.

Thanks again!!