[Xorg-driver-geode] geode_ddc.c:31:23: error: xf86Modes.h: No such file or directory

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Sun Jul 27 01:02:23 PDT 2008

Greetings,

While trying to backport 2.10.0 to Debian/Etch, which still runs on X
core 1.1, I ran into the following errors:

geode_ddc.c:31:23: error: xf86Modes.h: No such file or directory
geode_ddc.c:158:50: error: missing binary operator before token "("

Inspecting the content of xserver-xorg-dev reveals that the file
should appear at /usr/include/xorg/xf86Modes.h, but this is
non-existent in X core 1.1, so I was wondering if any header in 1.1
providing similar features would do the trick and could perhaps be
#ifdef'ed into the source code?

Cheers!
--
Martin-Éric Racine