[Xorg-driver-geode] [Info-linux] [xf86-video-amd] testers needed

Bart Trojanowski bart at jukie.net
Tue Jan 15 19:40:32 PST 2008

* Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.org> [080114 18:13]:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 12:16:32AM +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> > This is the part that requires testing.
> >
> > http://www.jukie.net/~bart/patches/xorg-server/20080111/0001-X86EMU-added-blacklist-for-I-O-port-in-0-0xFF-range.patch
> >
> > and
> >
> > http://www.jukie.net/~bart/patches/xorg-server/20080111/0001-X86EMU-pass-the-correct-bus-dev-fn-tag-to-pci-emula.patch
>
> I tried applying both of these to Ubuntu's xserver 1.3 and xserver 1.4,
> but they failed to apply in both cases.  The patches are developed
> against xserver GIT HEAD, and jcristau suggests that the patches may
> need to be ported in order to work against a pre-pciaccess xserver
> (i.e., pre-1.4.)

I've combined the two patches listed above into a patch against
Ubuntu/Gutsy package.  I just copied the patches into debian/patches and
listed them in the series file.  No further changes were required.

The resulting patch is here:

http://www.jukie.net/~bart/patches/xorg-server/20080115/0001-Ubuntu-Gutsy-Apply-patches-to-fix-improper-emulation-of-PCI-acces.patch

Tested with:

        apt-get source xorg-server-core
        cd xorg-server-1.3.0.0.dfs
        patch -p1 < ../0001*patch
        debuild -b
        debi
        X -configure
        X -config /root/xorg.conf.new

Please let me know if you would prefer the patches ported to any other
releases (or git tags).

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/