[Xorg-driver-geode] libpciaccess patch

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at laptop.org
Fri Feb 29 08:14:15 PST 2008

Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

>>  Actually, no - we're not up to date with OLPC, and nobody has actually
>>  tested the vanilla driver on the XO.  The status on the wiki is clearly
>>  incorrect.
>
> The status is correct. It states that the vanilla driver has basic
> support in place but that it needs to be tested by the OLPC community.
> Lack of interest on OLPC's part to test this and report on
> success/failure needs to be resolved ASAP.

Rather than lack of interest, there's lack of resources.

I'm the only X maintainer left at OLPC, and as you know I've
been traveling a lot lately, and I'm planning to travel some
more over the next few weeks.

This limited time has been used to convert the driver to new
interfaces that have been published for a long time.
All other drivers have been converted already by their
respective maintainers, without bothering downstream
distro maintainers like myself.

--
 \___/
 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/