[Xorg-driver-geode] current status of X.org driver for AMD Geode GX and LX

Bart Trojanowski bart at jukie.net
Wed Feb 27 06:20:45 PST 2008

* Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> [080227 01:55]:
> > The patches were prepared by Bart Trojanowski of Symbio Technologies
> > and have been accepted by Ubuntu for inclusion in their upcoming Hardy
> > release.
>
> Could you please point me to the exact patches for Xorg 1.3?

These are the most recent versions of my patches to X86EMU; these
patches are against the xorg-server master branch:

[1] http://www.jukie.net/~bart/patches/xorg-server/20080207/0001-X86EMU-handle-CPUID-instruction.patch
[2] http://www.jukie.net/~bart/patches/xorg-server/20080219/0001-X86EMU-added-blacklist-for-I-O-port-in-0-0xFF-range.patch
[3] http://www.jukie.net/~bart/patches/xorg-server/20080219/0002-X86EMU-when-emulating-PCI-access-use-the-correct-d.patch

The first patch is pretty straight forward and applies on various X
releases.  The later two patches will not apply on 1.3, but these older
revisions should:

[2] http://www.jukie.net/~bart/patches/xorg-server/20080111/0001-X86EMU-added-blacklist-for-I-O-port-in-0-0xFF-range.patch
[3] http://www.jukie.net/~bart/patches/xorg-server/20080111/0001-X86EMU-pass-the-correct-bus-dev-fn-tag-to-pci-emula.patch

Should you run into problems, I can port them to another version for
you.

> I just tested this driver with X.org 1.3 of Fedora 8 with a TK-3550 with
> Phoenix AwardBIOS and a 20" TFT 1680x1050 widescreen monitor.  Without
> any xorg.conf X seems to deadlock with a blank screen.  Could this be
> related to my widescreen TFT, or do I need the patches to Xorg core
> mentioned above, or is this an entirely different issue?

I don't think we have seen a freeze with an AwardBIOS.

The freeze that I saw was with GSW BIOS; it was caused by X86EMU
accessing a I/O port that disabled interrupts at the PIC.  The invalid
I/O access was caused by a bug in the PCI emulation code. This is
addressed by patches [2] and [3] above.

I should have my wide mode patch does this week... waiting for a wide
monitor I ordered to show up.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/