[Xorg-driver-geode] Xorg.conf for Geode LX LVDS panel

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Fri Aug 22 07:52:26 PDT 2008

On 22/08/08 15:50 +0200, Dirk De Becker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know this probably is a stupid question to most of you, but I am
> trying to connect an LVDS panel to my AMD Geode LX board, and up to now,
> I do not get an image on the panel. Can anyone provide me with a simple
> xorg.conf file that does this?

You either need to set up your panel in the BIOS (which the X driver will
pick up automatically), or you can specify the

"Option" "PanelGeometry" "<width>x<height>"

in your xorg.conf.  If you don't have "standard" panel, then you will need
to probably also specify the timings for your panel as a ModeLine.

Try the BIOS route first, it is easier to configure.

Jordan

PS for posterity on Google:  If you are trying the newer RandR branch,
(v 2.12.0 and higher), then replace "PanelGeometry" with:

"PanelMode" "hactive hsyncstart hsyncend htotal vactive vstart vsend vototal"

You won't need to specify a seperate modeline in this case.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer