[Xorg-driver-geode] Geode 2.9.0 driver on OLPC

Mart Raudsepp mart.raudsepp at artecdesign.ee
Wed Aug 13 15:10:14 PDT 2008

> On 8/13/08, Jean-Claude Gervais <jc.gervais at videotron.ca> wrote:
>
>>  Hello, I am trying to run the Geode driver on this hardware:
>
> Full OLPC support was integrated starting with 2.10.0, so obviously
> you won't get optimal results on the earlier 2.9.0. :)

I will be adding xf86-video-geode-2.10.1 to Gentoo soon after it's
released, skipping 2.10.0. So perhaps by Friday evening. I need to fix my
Gentoo Geode installation in a few other aspects first, hence I couldn't
test 2.10.0 before to add it. Sorry about that.

It is however not certain what you describe is caused by lack of full OLPC
support, but it is relatively likely, so it's worth to test 2.10.0 or
newer before spending time on trying anything else.
If you can't wait those few days, then you can probably copy the ebuild
under the 2.10.0 version, and it quite probably will just work for 2.10.0
emerging.

With Regards,
Mart Raudsepp,
with his Gentoo maintainer hat on