[Xorg-driver-geode] Geode LX video testing results

Bart Trojanowski bart at symbio-technologies.com
Mon Dec 31 15:49:53 PST 2007

* Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> [071231 16:56]:
> > I can confirm that no INT10 emulator code is run when in -configure
> > mode.  I also don't see a crash when running -configure.
>
> Wait - thats new.  Are you certain that we don't go into ProbeDDC in
> -configure mode?

Actually I have discovered something else that was weird.  Maybe you can
explain to me the order in which modules are tested.

When I had xserver-xorg-video-all installed, it pulled in vesa, vga and
amd.

It seems that running -configure would select vesa first.  I uninstalled
the package.  It then selected vga, and after removing that it finally
selected amd.

So to correct my previous statement.  It does enter the emulator and it
does INT10/4f00 and INT10/4f15.  The latter causes a freeze like before.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/