[Xorg-driver-geode] Geode LX video testing results

Bart Trojanowski bart at jukie.net
Mon Dec 31 11:22:57 PST 2007

* Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> [071231 14:12]:
> On 31/12/07 10:35 -0500, Gideon Romm wrote:
> > So, I have tested with a "return TRUE" for GeodeProbeDDC(), and now
> > -configure goes through fine, but a subsequent call to X -config using
> > the resultant xorg.conf file from the -configure, results in a freeze.
> >
> > It seems the DDC code leaves the BIOS in a state that causes a second
> > call of the same function to make the emulator start to reinitialize
> > the system.
>
> ProbeDDC should only be called when (flags & PROBE_DETECT) which then
> immediately returns TRUE from PreInit.  This should only be during
> a -configure run.

I can confirm that no INT10 emulator code is run when in -configure
mode.  I also don't see a crash when running -configure.

NOTE: I am using your patch from launchpad.

> DoDDC is only called during a normal run.  Are you saying that you have
> confirmed that both are running during a normal run?  If so, then
> thats very broken.

In the normal run we hit two INT10 service calls; the freeze due to out
on 0x20 occurs on the second call.

 1)     AX=4f00 BX=0000 CX=0000 DX=0000
        SI=0010 DI=0000 ES=2000 BP=0000
        FLAGS=0000

    - this is the "GET SuperVGA INFORMATION" service routine
    - stores 256 byte structure at ES:DI
    - completes ok

 2)     AX=4f15 BX=0000 CX=0000 DX=0000
        SI=0010 DI=0000 ES=0000 BP=0000
        FLAGS=0000

    - this is the "VBE/DDC INSTALLATION CHECK" service routine
    - it's supposed to return failure/success if DDC is supported
    - this call freezes the system

I don't think the first call is responsible.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/