[Xorg-driver-geode] Geode LX video testing results

Bart Trojanowski bart at symbio-technologies.com
Sun Dec 23 17:43:32 PST 2007

* Gideon Romm <gideon at symbio-technologies.com> [071223 17:19]:
> Another good question would be whether the call to port 20 exists in
> X.org 1.2 code, as well - or was this a new addition in X.org 1.3?

Well, the port 20 is not something that xorg does.  It's op code from
the BIOS that is executed by the emulator.

The changes made between 1.2 and 1.3 were very minimal.  The majority of
changes were in xrandr, some in for DDC, etc.  There was only once
commit against the emulator...

# git log xorg-server-1.2.0..xorg-server-1.3.0.0 -- hw/xfree86/int10/ hw/xfree86/x86emu/
commit d3f507c2a2cc190d417a257b40a49a4a2926e3d3
Author: Aaron Plattner <aplattner at nvidia.com>
Date:   Tue Feb 6 14:57:22 2007 -0800

    Add an RDTSC implementation to the x86 emulator.

    This instruction is being used in some debug VBIOSes.  This implementation
    doesn't even try to be accurate.  Instead, it just increments the counter by a
    fixed amount every time an rdtsc instruction in encountered, to avoid divides by
    zero.

I don't think this is at all related... but it could be.

> If it is new, I am sure it was introduced for a reason.
> If it is not, then why does the freeze not occur in X.org 1.2?

I will start playing with 1.2.0 after xmas.

> I will try the patched code on a variety of hardware this week and report.

Thanks.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/