[Xorg-driver-geode] Geode LX video testing results

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Sat Dec 22 14:09:34 PST 2007

On 12/22/07, Bart Trojanowski <bart at jukie.net> wrote:
[...]
> I think that the x86emu needs to have a black list of ports that it
> should never ever touch even if the BIOS code it's executing requests
> it.  It would seem that port 20 is one of them... but there ought to be
> others.  Like port 0 for example; I don't know if this is a mistake or a real
> port.  What's at port 0?
>
> Anyway, I propose that we try this trivial patch against xorg-core on
> some other hardware...

> It starts up X for me, but does it work for you? :)

This is definitely a good start. Thank you!

About the x86emu patch, I think this should be discussed with the core
X developers  to see if there's anything we might be missing. I mean,
auto-configuration works on other drivers and yet, we are essentially
following the same method as them.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi