[Xorg-driver-geode] MSR Support for FreeBSD.

Larry Maloney larrypatrickmaloney at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 00:40:20 PST 2007

Turns out I'm not getting the MSR information...

I installed the devcpu  package, but getting the MSR info is a little
different in FreeBSD than linux.

I can see /dev/cpu just fine, but there is no device for MSR (like
/dev/cpu/msr...)

The doc's for the helper tool x86info says that MSR drivers must be
included in the kernel, or loaded as a kernel module.

I did that with devcpu,  but I dont' see any MSR pseudo device.

I think the only way to read and write the MSR data is to use IOCTL in
FreeBSD....

In amd_msr.c, the calls to get the MSR data is  a nice easy  file open.

I think I"m gonna have to re-write the amd_msr.c for FreeBSD, or just
add a new file and if_def the build.

If I get MSR working in FreeBSD, what does that give us?  What register
information is needed to be read and set?  A whole bunch of "stuff" ? :)

Larry

--
Larry P. Maloney

Phone: 650-669-1942