[Xorg-driver-geode] Flickering Seen On Changing Resolution

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Wed Dec 19 07:51:01 PST 2007

On 19/12/07 14:59 +0530, pratish ganguly wrote:
> Dear all
> I am having a customised linux distribution installed on a thin client
> with the following configuration.
> AMD LX800
> Xorg version 7.2
>
> The display driver that I am using is from xorg git
> http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/driver/xf86-video-amd.git;a=summary
>
> I am using three resolutions
>   800x 600
> 1024x 768
> 1280x1024
>
> The problem that I am facing is that when I am changing the resolution ,
> there is a flickering seen on the screen during X restart. Here is a list of
> Modelines that i have tried out in my xorg.conf file

Have you tried not specifying any modelines in your xorg.conf at all?
The Geode driver has built in timings for most of the standard VESA
modes that are correctly matched to the PLL.  Just comment
out all of the modelines in your xorg.conf file, make sure
that the vsync and hsync ranges are correct for your monitor, and specify
the resolutions as normal.

If that doesn't get any better, then please send a X log file, and we can
see what modes the driver thinks it is using.

Jordan