[Xorg-driver-geode] Geode LX video testing results

Bart Trojanowski bart at jukie.net
Fri Dec 14 11:16:59 PST 2007

* Bart Trojanowski <bart at jukie.net> [071214 12:00]:
> * Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> [071214 11:53]:
> > So at this point, its clear we're walking into a trap somewhere in the
> > VBE code and not coming back.  At this point, I'm afraid the course of
> > action is to slog forward and figure out what part of the VBE code is
> > breaking.  Then we might get a better idea of what our options are.  I
> > would help, but unfortunately, I don't have any hardware handy that
> > breaks (unless the db61 would suffice?).
>
> I am perfectly happy to find where we go wrong, I may need your
> expertise to figure out how to fix it when I get there.

It dies in vbeDoEDID() called by GeodeDoDDC().

My previous statement about delays making a difference was false.  I
messed up an if() statement by pasting a debug line between the if() and
the block, and not protected it with braces.  This inadvertently set the
pGeode->useVGA to FALSE and prevented the call to GeodeDoDDC().  Ooops.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/