Multi screen and graphics cards failed with radeon driver on debian stretch

pbasnews-deb at yahoo.fr pbasnews-deb at yahoo.fr
Mon Jul 3 08:55:10 UTC 2017

Wonderfull! Thxs a lot Michel! Your way working well.

Here what I'm done (if anyone need it):
I removed xorg.conf (I think that your solution working with it anyway)

I'm login on kde with user login and open a terminal (konsole) and I list my 2 graphics cards:
xrandr --listproviders
Providers: number : 2
Provider 0: id: 0x99 cap: 0xf, Source Output, Sink Output, Source Offload, Sink Offload crtcs: 2 outputs: 3 associated providers: 1 name:ATI Radeon X1550 64-bit @ pci:0000:02:00.0
Provider 1: id: 0x53 cap: 0xf, Source Output, Sink Output, Source Offload, Sink Offload crtcs: 2 outputs: 2 associated providers: 1 name:ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics @ pci:0000:01:05.0

and I launch:
/usr/bin/xrandr --setprovideroutputsource "ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics @ pci:0000:01:05.0" "ATI Radeon X1550 64-bit @ pci:0000:02:00.0"

At this point, I can see my 3 monitors in KDE system setting (before kde could see only one graphics cards with 2 monitors):
- VGA-1 (on ATI Radeon X1550)
- DVI-0 (on same graphic card ATI Radeon X1550)
- and VGA-1-0 (disabled disabled and kde didn't manage to enabled it) on ATI Radeon 3000

Then I use xrandr to setting/enable them:
/usr/bin/xrandr --output DVI-0 --mode 1680x1050 --primary --output VGA-1 --mode 1024x768 --left-of DVI-0 --output VGA-1-0 --mode 1280x1024 --right-of DVI-0

After kde start I need to launch both commands, then I put them in a nice script that I launch in autostart kde (in ~/.xsession it didn't work, maybe because I use sddm and not kdm anymore?):

ls ~/.config/autostart-scripts/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 pascal pascal   38 juil.  3 10:27 My3Screens.bash -> /home/pascal/config/My3Screens.bash

ty I can go back to work now :-)

Pascal