Amdgpu and carrizo R6

Stuart Norman cyrwyn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 00:15:18 UTC 2017

Here is a quote from an AMD tech support person from 9/29/16:

The A10 8700P uses R6 graphics and currently APU graphics are not supported by
the AMDGPU-PRO driver. At this time we cannot comment on when or if support
will be added. I would recommend reverting to Xorg 1.17 and to use Crimson
15.12 Linux driver for fglrx support with the R6 graphics.

Has the Xorg version of amdgpu been updated since then? I tried the latest
version 1.1.2. Or is there a significant difference between the Xorg amdgpu and
the AMD pro version?

On Tuesday, January 03, 2017 01:43:03 PM Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Stuart Norman <cyrwyn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I use pclinuxos. When X 1.18 was released the catalyst driver was removed
and
> > replaced by amdgpu which does not work with my chipset. AMD isn't
supporting
> > catalyst past X 1.17. The chipset is an integrated APU/GPU A10 8700p which
is
> > R6 Volcanic Islands Carrizo.  I can only make it work by using nomodeset
in
> > the kernel command line and without an Xorg.conf file. It's pretty lousy
> > resolution of 800x600. The AMD site doesn't show any Linux support for
Carrizo

--
This message has traveled almost the distance to the moon!

Stuart Norman
lsn at hughes.net
Registered Linux user 239714
Censorship is the ultimate obscenity.