RADEON(0): [drm] failed to set drm interface version.

Paul Hancock Paul.Hancock.17041993 at live.com
Wed Jan 4 07:48:12 UTC 2017

I've got a mostly fresh kubuntu install that cant start xserver correctly, it hits the line in the email subject and aborts immediately (error 1). Oddly enough however calling startx while in the recovery CLI allows xserver to start normally and shows the mouse cursor for a couple seconds (kicked back to CLI because nothing else is running).

Here's pastebin links of the logs;
Recovery, seemingly error-free: http://pastebin.com/cNQaxvqG
Normal boot, no screens: http://pastebin.com/uWhX4sxv

Do I need to alter how xserver is started on normal boot or something else?

[http://pastebin.com/i/facebook.png]<http://pastebin.com/uWhX4sxv>

xorg via normal - Pastebin.com<http://pastebin.com/uWhX4sxv>
pastebin.com

[http://pastebin.com/i/facebook.png]<http://pastebin.com/cNQaxvqG>