Black window with Gnome3 (xf86-video-ati 1:7.6.1-1)

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Fri May 27 08:26:00 UTC 2016

On 27.05.2016 04:49, Oscar Megia wrote:

> I updated the driver to xf86-video-ati 1:7.7.0-1 and I still have the
> same issue.
>
> Could you try to solve this issue, please?

FWIW, the black text in LibreOffice should be fixed in current xserver
Git master.

As for the black windows, I'm not sure what could cause that. :( FWIW
though, it's rather unlikely that a bug in the xf86-video-ati driver
could cause symptoms like that; e.g. the kernel driver seems more
likely. (You said before that "removing the ati driver" works around the
problem; can you provide the Xorg log file corresponding to that case?)