Most efficient way to upload small coverage masks for radeonsi?

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Mon Dec 5 07:35:33 UTC 2016

On 04/12/16 01:16 AM, Clemens Eisserer wrote:

> Looking at the profile again, I wonder how r600_get_name can consume 5%
> of all CPU cycles:
>
>     SELF CUMULATIVE    FUNCTION
> [   0,18%] [   5,37%]      ioctl
> [   0,00%] [   4,68%]      r600_get_name
> [   2,37%] [   2,40%]      surf_drm_to_winsys
>
> A simple switch with predictable branches?

r600_get_name never gets called for me in Xorg while running your test case.

Even in the unlikely case that it's really getting called for you,
eliminating it completely could only increase performance by about 5% at
most, which wouldn't make any significant difference compared to the
order of magnitude performance difference between glamor and SNA.