Does radeon support dual display setups?

Tue Sep 29 21:03:56 PDT 2015

Hello,

openSuSE 13.2
Kernel 4.1.6

I have AMD A8 7600, the IGP is R7:

00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Kaveri [Radeon R7 Graphics]

xrandr -q
xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 640 x 480, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 1920 x 1080
default connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1920x1080      0.00*
   1280x1024      0.00
   1366x768       0.00
   1024x768       0.00
   800x600        0.00
   640x480        0.00

Currently both monitors are connected in clone mode. One is connected via HDMI and another via DVI. Thus far, I can't seem to get extend mode to work, as xrandr doesn't seem to detect the second monitor connected via DVI. Is this a known problem?

Additionally, on boot, I get screen corruption (will take photo when once my phone is repaired), the workaround is to temporarily switch to Vt then back to X.

Right now as well, I can't get any Vt's, they are just black/blank. Is this also a known problem? Are they any workarounds ?

Regards