dual Radeon graphics cards and Xrandr 1.4

J. Hart jfhart085 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 08:10:01 PDT 2015

On 10/19/15 03:01, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Beware that if there's no other clients running when you run xrandr,
> the X server resets itself after xrandr disconnects from it. The Xorg
> log you attached shows several such resets. Have you tried your tests
> with at least a window manager or some other long-running client?

I had not been aware of the server resets.   I should have thought of
this......:-)

I ran the tests again with a long running client ( in this case,
xconsole) as you suggested.
I now have a very nicely running 4 head setup under Randr......:-)

I did the test for both  of the following:
xf86-video-ati 7.5.0
current git version

Both work very well for me.

I do notice some very small graphics corruption which occurs in the
background of the X pointer, and which varies somewhat as the pointer
moves about.  This is a minor matter, but I thought I ought to mention
it.  It occurred in both tests (7.5.0 and git), but does not occur when
I run X with Xinerama.

Many thanks for your very kind and prompt assistance.  I greatly
appreciate this....:-)

J. Hart