Amdgpu: Fatal error during GPU init

Ricardo Rafante jrafante89 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 19:06:28 PDT 2015

I need help with amdgpu driver. I have a laptop dell inpiron 15 equipped
with amd radeon r7 m265, and i'm trying test the new amdgpu driver using
the last kernel 4.2 RC1. I compiled the kernel with my old configs and the
new features with default option, just enable amdgpu driver. The first
reboot amdgpu doesn't init because the firmware topaz_mc.bin are missing,
so i downloaded from this site
http://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/radeon_ucode/topaz/ and reboot again.
Now i'm receiving this error [drm:gfx_v8_0_ring_test_ring [amdgpu]] *ERROR*
amdgpu: ring 0 test failed (scratch(0xC040)=0xCAFEDEAD).

what am i doing wrong? what do i need do to fix it?

first and second boot log

thanks

Ricardo Luiz Rafante JĂșnior