is r128 supposed to be viable still with server 18.0 and 4.3.3 kernel?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 31 14:03:33 PST 2015

I'm getting inexplicable web server errors trying to search for r128 bugs on
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/query.cgi advanced search, so don't see if
there's any bug on point.

I don't get why there's any reference to a DVI-0 output on an ancient card
that only has VGA output. Server 16.1/kernel 3.16.7 is OK, with no sign of
DVI-0 in its Xorg.0.log.

I don't see why no screens are being found, whether or not I have an
xorg.conf file. Logs with and without, on CRT and WLCD screens:

http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/Xorg/R128/xorg.0.log-ostw-r128-WOxconf-crt
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/Xorg/R128/xorg.0.log-ostw-r128-WOxconf-wsxga
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/Xorg/R128/xorg.0.log-ostw-r128-withxconf-wsxga

Anyone see what the problem might be, or know? Need I file a bug on
freedesktop? openSUSE?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/