"RS690 [Radeon X1200]"

Ricardo Tweeg rtweeg at yahoo.com.br
Fri Sep 19 10:14:49 PDT 2014

I installed Xorg so compiled via ports (not removed nor include anything. I left everything as default).

Then I installed fluxbox.

After that I generated xorg.conf (X -configure) and moved / ara's "/ etc / X11 /".

I ran the "startfluxbox" and everything worked.

The driver that was loaded (via kldstat) was the "radeon.ko".

Then performed a reboot.

After bootup, when I run "startx or startfluxbox (via .xinitrc)", the screen goes black and nothing happens.

With that I have to restart the computer.

I can only make it work if you edit the xorg.conf and put the drive "vesa".

Anyone else had this problem?

Atenciosamente,

Ricardo Tweeg