dmesg reports BUG in slub.c

David Harks dave at dwink.net
Fri Dec 19 08:59:58 PST 2014

All,

The attached dmesg output includes a "kernel BUG at
/build/buildd/linux-lts-trusty-3.13.0/mm/slub.c:3365!" message. This seems
to be related to the evergreen_hdmi_setmode call inside the radeon driver.

This log is from a Zotac ZBOX Nano AD12 unit connected to a Panasonic
TX-P42C3B TV. This doesn't happen with other TV's I've tried so it seems to
be a quirk of this particular model.

The result of this is that the Xorg process hangs while starting up -- no
output on the display.

If there's any other information I can provide, please let me know.

Thank you!

--
d.w. harks <dave at dwink.net>