Latest radeon driver with 7670M

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 13:18:49 PDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Vedran Furač <vedran.furac at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Fglrx 2D is dead slow for me so I'm wondering if my 7670M (Turks on Dell
> 5520 laptop, hybrid with Intel) is supported with latest 7.2 free Radeon
> driver. I've spent few hours googling with no luck. I'll really
> appreciate any help to get this working. Seems it's not detecting any
> outputs, but I have an external LCD connected via hdmi along with
> laptop's lvds1. With default xorg.conf I'm getting:

Remove your xorg.conf.  The radeon has no displays attached to it.  So
it can only be used for rendering.  You have to use the intel driver
for driving your displays.  If you have a recent enough kernel and
xserver 1.14 or newer, you can use the radeon for rendering while the
intel driver handles the displays.  See this page for how to handle
this:
http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/Optimus/