[Glamor] very slow 2d with radeonsi and glamor

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Mon Jun 10 08:09:46 PDT 2013

On Son, 2013-06-09 at 19:43 +0800, zhigang gong wrote:
> A quick look at your xorg.log, I get the following information. It's
> obvious that there are some low level driver issue which prevent
> glamor get a valid texture from the low level drm buffer object.
> You maybe need to ask this question at AMD's open source driver mail
> list to get help.
>

> [  3924.726] (WW) RADEON(0): Failed to create textured DRI2/PRIME
> pixmap.(WW) Access a DRM only pixmap is not allowed within glamor.
> [  3924.727] (WW) RADEON(0): Failed to get DRI drawable for glamor
> pixmap.

AFAICT it looks like this is from _glamor_egl_create_image() failing in
glamor_egl_create_textured_pixmap(). Alexandr, can you add debugging
output in the former to see if it's due to depth not being 24 or 32, or
due to the EGL create image call failing? And if it's the latter, it
would be great if you could continue the same approach down the call
chain to find where the failure originates.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com