Font garbling update

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Wed Mar 21 16:59:25 PDT 2012

On a hunch, I tried disabling ui.use_activity_cursor in about:config in
my seamonkey.  I've been unable to reproduce the garbled text since then.

Some past reports of garbling complained about garbled pointer sprites.
If setting ui.use_activity_cursor to false does work around the garbled
text bug, that suggests that the two bugs are related.

The primary difference between the hourglass cursor and the pointer and
ibeam cursors (in most cursor themes) is that the former is animated.

It seems that animated cursors (may) trigger the bug.

Again, this is just an hypothesis.

-JimC