Suspend/Resumes fails early with r600(RV710) in "unpin not necessary"

Manuel Krause manuelkrause at t-online.de
Mon Mar 19 18:29:22 PDT 2012

Hi! I promised to come back soon!

On 2012-03-20 00:12, Manuel Krause wrote:
> Hi, and many Thanks for your reply!
[...)
>>> Mar 14 01:50:51 COOLHEAD kernel: agpgart-via 0000:00:00.0:
>>> Refused to change power state, currently in D0
>>
>> Does radeon.agpmode=-1 help at all?
>
> As this may reduce agp rate I don't like to try it. ;-)
> I'll come back on that later.

I set that on kernel command line at first and removed "options
radeon agpmode=4" from my /etc/modprobe.d/99-local.conf.

That went well for the first resume cycle. The second resume just
shortly after the first failed without any possibility to record
anything like logs (VT switching impossible, hard lock).

Then I went to /etc/X11/xorg.conf setting the # in front of:
#	Option		"BusType"		"AGP"
#	Option		"AGPMode"		"4"

That now worked for 4 subsequent hibernate/resume cycles with
ascending memory usage. I can't see any performance impact.

Any clues?
Yes, the logs have many diffs now!!!

Best regards,
Manuel Krause