dropping UMS - xf86-video-ati-7.0.0

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 09:21:30 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Roland Scheidegger
<rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch> wrote:
> Am 14.06.2012 21:19, schrieb Dave Airlie:
>> I'm seriously thinking of resurrecting the kms killing branch, can
>> anyone give me a reason not too,
>>
>> we'd fork the current master into a UMS branch and move on.
>
> Aren't there still some OS using this driver but not supporting kms?
> Though I guess it doesn't actually matter for them if they need to use
> the ums branch instead...
> Otherwise sounds good to me.

There hasn't been anything new in UMS world really in 2-3 years,

I'd rather split it off and let those who care about it deal with it,
a lot of changes have
broken UMS recently.

So far its also 61k loc less to worry about, along with reducing the
complexity of
the macros and spaghetti useEXA, XAA code.

Dave.