Vertex buffers and the ring walker method

Connor Behan connor.behan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 12:28:26 PDT 2012

On 12/06/12 01:31 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> I doubt there's any reason why the ring walker method wouldn't work
> with AGP. BTW, I assume you're always testing your code with direct
> rendering enabled, so the R128CCE* paths are hit. Because I don't see
> how the other Composite paths could work at all as they are. :)
Good point. I had my doubts about whether they would work but I wasn't
going to work on modifying them until I was successful with CCE compositing.
>> == My flawed understanding of how it should work when WALK_RING is
>> supported ==
>>
>> The only guidance I've been able to find, comes from r128_composite.c
>> in the kdrive ATI driver.
> Have you got that working BTW?
No, I'm afraid of the dependency hell that would ensue if I tried to
install an 8 year old X server.
> Not for CPU access... For GPU acceess, the code pSrc->devPrivate.ptr -
> info->ExaDriver->memoryBase can't work, as devPrivate.ptr is normally
> NULL. You need to use exaGetPixmapOffset().
I guess that's a difference between EXA and KAA? I figured that out a
couple weeks ago but I didn't upload any patches to the bug tracker with
this change :).