How to debug drm/kernel on system freeze

Frederik Vogelsang frederik.vogelsang at googlemail.com
Tue May 3 05:41:28 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am experiencing constant freezes on my HP nx6125 laptop with a
Radeon XPress 200M. I suspect it has something to do with the video
driver because pure VESA seems to work.

I'd like to debug the freezes a little bit further, but unfortunately
I do not find any way to access logs/dumps. This is the situation:

* system freezes randomly ( with KMS *and* UMS) when moving the mouse
around/scrolling
* screen turns white
* no more SSH/network connections possible
* keyboard dead
* SYSRQ does not work any more after freezing

Can anyone think of another way of retrieving log messages/dumps?

Thanks,
Frederik