Register XvMC video decoding acceleration

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 10:44:14 PDT 2011

Considering that the textured video *does* certainly work on r100 and
r200, we should definitely check that DRI2 is enabled and that the DRI
name is r300 or r600. Or would this just result in XvMC enabled, zero
adaptors available?

~ C.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 8:35 AM, James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com> wrote:

> CK> Having textured (non overlay) Xv adapter around is the only
> CK> prerequisite for the server side I have found so far.
>
> note that the current driver exposes a textured xvideo even on r100:
>
> :; xvinfo
> X-Video Extension version 2.2
> screen #0
>  Adaptor #0: "Radeon Textured Video"
>    number of ports: 16
>    port base: 63
>    operations supported: PutImage
>    supported visuals:
>      depth 24, visualID 0x21
>
> et cetera.
>
> (That is from a Radeon Mobility M7 LW [7500].)
>
> CK> We could add an additional check that's at least an R300+ chipset
> CK> and DRI is available, but KMS isn't a really necessary at all.
>
> The R300+ check seems necessary.
>
> Will everything work right for X over tcp?
>
> -JimC
> --
> James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6

When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>