ATI Radeon graphic chip X1270 not supported by Ubuntu

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 01:53:01 PST 2011

2011/12/27 Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com>:
> 2011/12/26 Volker Fritz <v_fritz at t-online.de>:
>> Since update of Ubuntu 10.04 (in state of delivery) to 10.04.3 the
>> integrated X1270 graphic chip no more supported.
>>
>> Pls. find detailed infos in hardware, software and my investigation in
>> attached pdf-file.
>>
>> Hope you can solve my computer problem - may be in conjunction with
>> Colonical (Ubuntu programmers).
>>
>> Thank you for your kind assistance in advance.
>
> Really? Sending all info as PDF? Why didn't you make presentation in
> (Libre|Open)Office Impress. Or just a PNG.
>
> You're posting on the mailing list of open source driver called
> radeon. We don't support closed source driver fglrx here. I don't even
> know if fglrx supports you card.
>
> If you had any problems with open source radeon, please report them here.

/me doesn't read the attachment

FWIW fglrx dropped the entire r100, r200, r300-r500 families a while
ago. X1270 is an r500 brand name, so I'd expect the chipset to not
work with fglrx.

I recommend you consult with the Ubuntu team -- they can probably help
you get onto the open-source driver. (Or maybe somebody on this list
knows the magic Ubuntu incantations?)

~ C.

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>