[Help][RS780E][mipsel]Screen corruption sometimes

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Thu Aug 4 01:04:20 PDT 2011

On Don, 2011-08-04 at 14:46 +0800, Chen Jie wrote:

> We're running RS780E on a MIPS64 compatible platform, and encounter
> screen corruption sometimes:
>  * Do 'x11perf -compwinwin500' -- Window decoration and the background
> corrupt (http://dev.lemote.com/files/upload/software/temp/x11perf-corrupt.png)
>  * Hardware Accelerated video playback(video-pipe branch of mesa) --
> both playback and the desktop:
>   - http://dev.lemote.com/files/upload/software/temp/newmobcal1920-playback.png
>   - http://dev.lemote.com/files/upload/software/temp/newmobcal1920-desktop-corrupt.png
>   - Related thread:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2011-August/010064.html

The video decoding corruption may be due to the pipe-video code not
working properly on all hardware yet.

The rest looks like more or less random BO corruption.

> 3. Linux 2.6.36 (64bit), dmesg:
> http://dev.lemote.com/files/upload/software/temp/dmesg.log

That's a pretty old kernel. Lots of bugs have been fixed since then
which could explain the random corruption.

> Any idea? (BTW, don't know if related, but the bandwidth of separated
> video ram is really low, about 14MB/s for write op)

How do you measure it?

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com