Flickering on external monitor - no problems on built-in-monitor. ATI HD 4550

Einar Ingebrigtsen ein-ing at online.no
Sat Sep 18 08:52:48 PDT 2010

  Hi

Im running on a hybrid with ATI Radeon HD 4550 and the integratet intel
gpu (currently im only using the radeon, since I've havent managed to
use vga_switchero --> radeon is activated by default)

Im using ofcourse the xorg-radeon driver, and it works great on my
laptop. But on my external monitor (connected via VGA-port) the image is
flickering, i have tried different resolutions, but with the same
result. Because of this problem im running dual-boot with win 7, there
there are no problems with the external monitor.

I've read bugreport conserning other ati-cards but not the 4xxx-series
where the solution would be to set the KMS=0 in the xorg.conf, this
didnt have any possitive effect concerning my problem.

Does anyone know what the problem can be? Any logs I should check to get
any answers?

Regards, Einar